Thursday, February 09, 2006

An Annoying Experience and More Weasel Tidbits

A few days ago I decided to purchase myself a Nintendo DS on a spur of the moment whim. Basically just think of it as being about as big as a cheque book, it unfolds to reveal two screens, the bottom one being a touch screen. So anyways after checking out some stores I determined that the best deal was to get a bundle that packaged the system with Mario Kart. Unfortunately this bundle deal also meant that the system had to be this ridiculous racing red colour. I just decided to grit my teeth and get the hideously overcoloured thing for the savings. So after buying it and driving all the way home and messing around with it for a while I notice that it has a dead pixel on top of the screen. What this means is that basically a tiny piece of one of the screens is stuck on a certain colour and would always be like that. Compare it to a black piece of tape on a TV screen that is impossible to get rid of. I couldn't handle that, especially on something I just bought. It has to be perfect. So, I package it back up and return to Future Shop. So after some time with customer service I get a replacement, have to get another receipt and sign that one too. I take it to my car and test it out and guess what? This one has a dead pixel too! Anyways, repeat this process two more times due to dead pixels on every single one and I am getting a little miffed. (I have gone through 4 different ones by this point) The manager guy says they aren't going to do it again because they only have one left or something and the rest are being sent back as defective, so I get them to give me a silver, non-bundle, one instead. Lo' and behold it works, and if I had followed my gut instinct to avoid the repulsive red monster it would have been smooth sailing.


In political news here is a little article about that weasel MP Emerson that switched parties that I mentioned before. On TV I have seen hypocritical comments that he has made within the last year, including calling a woman that switched parties before the election a prostitute, and saying that the Conservatives were going to take the country on a road to hell -or something like that. And then as the article says on being asked to return the 90,000$ that was raised for him during the election he had the following to say, "I think these people ought to give their head a shake and ask themselves how much of that money would have even come to the Liberal party if I hadn't been there." This guy is obviously interested in moral gymnastics while at the same time being a moron for his lack of thought over what he tells the media.
*Not a winning combination in politics*

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?