Monday, February 06, 2006

Oh No You Di'nt!

Today Stephen Harper (Conservative) officially took the office of the Prime Minister of Canada and announced his cabinet. There are a few strange things going on. First of all the elections were like what, 2-3 weeks ago? Some guy named Emerson who was a Liberal cabinet minister won his riding, and now today he jumps parties and is in the Conservative cabinet! Just imagine how the his constituents feel having voted him in as a Liberal so recently. I would be at his office like a Muslim at a Danish embassy.

The local Conservative MP, the mighty Monte Solberg, who has been the shadow finance critic for eons got a slap in the face and stuck with the cabinet post for Citizenship and Immigration. But at least he didn't get Ablonczied (see: not a member of cabinet). I was preparing to go into how this is a ridiculous post for him taking into account that Medicine Hat is probably whiter than Sweden but first I had to do some fact checking. As I suspected, including in his riding is the town of Brooks which is a Mecca for immigrants because we need a lot of desperate people to cut up our cows in the massive, smelly meat packing plant.


A surprising find
in my research unveiled Monte Solberg's Blog that is tragically more amusing and irreverant irreverent than my own. I plan on consistantly going back to this, and I am sure he will talk about his cabinet position in a short while. I haven't read a great deal but here are a few exerpts from it.

I have even napped in church. I think of this as an especially reverent form of worship because it speaks to a real level of comfort with God, don't you agree?

To add insult to injury the Bruins won tonight in their bear jerseys. The bear on the jersey looks about as ferocious as my golden retriever. He actually looks like he's smiling, like maybe he knows something about you and he's lording it over you. Or maybe he's a Narnia bear. No, he's a care bear! How it must hurt the Habs to lose to a group of guys who wear a jersey that features a smiling bear.


Sure parks are great. We all support parks. But when I go to a park I just become even more determined to have my own private park where I can walk the dog in my pyjamas if I choose to (no I don't mean the dog is walking inside of my pyjamas)


And lastly here is a poem he wrote that I believe reflects his heartbreak at his cabinet position. It also makes me think that he isn't married, but I am pretty sure that he is.

Thank goodness for cat and dog
Featured so often on this blog
On the canal we often walk
Where I listen while they talk
And from their furry faces say
That God made them in their way
To encourage us when life ain't fun
Like when life throws us the high hard one


Maybe he is having a nervous breakdown.

Tip of the Day - This font is hard to read in italics

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?