Monday, May 29, 2006

X-men Poo Pooing

I saw the X-men movie recently and I have to say I was more disappointed going in than I expected to be. This is knowing that the director/writer of the first two left after the project to do the new Superman movie. Now, as your average action movie this movie is ok I guess. but since it is the third of the series it has something to live up to. I felt that the first movie was ok, and that the second movie really improved. Anyways, the plot is fairly ambitious and there are loads of characters both old and new. Unfortunately both are drag the movie down. The script is poorly written in my opinion and Halle Barrie has been plaguing the movies with her portrayal of Storm since the beginning. Also, they turned Wolverine into a massive emotional wussbot. Many new characters get the kind of intro that makes you eager to see more of them in the movie, but they just turn up for a minute or two later in the movie. This is in contrast to the second movie where they introduced the Nightcrawler character quite well (he isn't in this one at all.) So avoid it and save your dollars for the sure-fire critical success, Snakes on a Plane. I leave you with a picture of some guy being Wolverine.

Comments:
oh no! i had eager anticipation of X-3.

i will most likely see it anyway.

maybe.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?