Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Oilers Ups and Downs

So the Edmonton Oilers are in the first round of the play offs currently against the number one ranked team in the league the Red Wings. This isn't to say I that worried that they can't win. In anycase there has been some issues with watching them so far. The first game was fine, except that they lost in double overtime. The second game was a disaster because I totally missed watching it because it was a Sunday noon game, however the Oilers won. And last night because I live closer to Calgary the CBC forces me to watch the Calgary Flames game instead. So I listened to the Oilers game over the internet which isn't ideal, but what are you gonna do? The game was going well with the Oilers two goals ahead in the third, until the Red Wings evilly score twice within 18 seconds. This obviously jeopardizes the Oiler's victory but on the plus side the flames game ends and the TV coverage flips over to cover the rest of the Oiler's game. So I am watching the overtime period and it seems pretty good, until I see the Red Wings score a devastating, and stupid looking goal. I yelp and turn off the TV quickly to stop the bleeding. But, this morning I learn that the goal was disallowed and the Oilers eventually won and I missed it! The next game probably won't be on TV either.

Here is an article about the game.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?