Friday, February 24, 2006

Review of Doomination

Every now and then you rent a movie that you expect to really suck, and yet it ends up being quite good. If I had a mind that was sharp I would be able to bring up some examples of this happening.. maybe next time. I know it has happened before though. Anyways I saw the movie Doom today and I was pleasantly surprised. I had totally written this movie off from reviews including Ebert and Roeper. Now, first of all, as a warning, this movie has some gorey bits, most notabley at the start where a limb is dismembered.

Overall the movie is pretty good, especially considering the genre. There are some light weight horror aspects to it and lots of action. Although it is loosely based on a computer game, this pretty much just boils down to a few references here and there. Sure, there aren't demon's from Hell, instead they are genetic mutationy things, but I think this was handled pretty well. There is also a surprising twist that I won't go into, but it is handled in a funny way. Anyways if you are looking for an actiony entertaining movie with a script that doesn't make you want to curl up and die (aside from a few cheesy lines from The Rock's character) then I suggest you give Doom a try.

Comments:
I agree, it was a good action movie. BFG is the way to go. Nano walls are quite things to have around.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?