Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Johnny Cash Song


Here is one of my favourite Johnny Cash songs. It was actually written by Sting. This is from the fifth CD in the excellent 5 CD Johnny Cash compilation Unearthed. The image is an assignment to make a 'concrete poem' that I did for my typography class that utilizes the lyrics. I am fairly happy with it, although there are certain things that aren't right. Hopefully I have caught all the typos. You might have to squint a bit to make it all out unless you zoom in, sorry. Remember that the mp3 download will expire in a week.

There is a Johnny Cash movie out now that you are probably aware of. By all accounts it is a good movie, however I am quite familiar with him and his work, I have even read his autobiography, (it is mentioned in the movie High Fidelity.) Anyways I don't really want to see a portrayal of his life and actors singing his songs. I have seen a lot of real footage of him, and I have a fairly large collection of his CDs. However I am not saying you shouldn't see the movie, I just don't think it is right for me.

Comments:
The fact that you read some book is mentioned in a real life movie?! Gosh, can I handle your dry-cleaning?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?