Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Jennifer stood there, quietly ovulating.

The title is just an example of a horrible first line from a novel. At least that is what I thought when I first looked at here, however it appears it is a contest to just make it up. In any case there are some funny ones. Here are some other good ones, deemed by me.

I know who the murderer is, Kevin blogged.

Six o'clock comes early, and so does death.

The pain wouldn't stop, and Vern still had three cats left.


There are also a few for worst last lines of a novel like;

But Gran was once again lost in quiet reminiscence, or perhaps her epilepsy.



In Hockey news I point thee to this. WHAT?! Why did they trade Brewer for Pronger? This makes me sad. Is he actually cheaper than Brewer? I know Pronger got a bad injury a year or two ago, and I am not sure if he has ever really returned to form. They traded Isbister to the Bruins, but I don't think anyone really cares about that.

Also Sidney Crosby, the #1 draft pick of the Penguins is going to appear on Jay Leno in the near future apparently. That should be decent exposure for him and for hockey. He seems like a nice guy so hopefully we don't have to hear about him breaking someone's spine or killing his friend in a car accident in the future.





Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?