Saturday, August 27, 2005

Brothers Grimm Is Not Awesome!

In fact it is horrible, shitacular even! (swipe for vulgarity) First of all I had a bad feeling about this movie after watching a few previews for it, so I guess I can pat myself on the back on this one. Ok, so we get into the the theatre, and endure like three boring commericals and five or six previews, one of which was a confusingly put together King Kong one [that looks kinda neat to me], and the movie finally starts. However there is no sound. This carries on for about five minutes and there is some sporadic giggling in the audience, some from me. I think this could definitely be classified as the movies high point. Actually there is another good point, a role played by the guy that did Gareth from the superiour BBC original version of The Office.

Here I will go into some minor spoilers, so.. if you care about that stop reading I suppose. I will try to do it in point form.

- The movie is boring and slow
- There are a few funny parts, but lots of failed attempts
- Heath Ledger's acting, voice and character are incredibley annoying
- The story is poorly written and often things just fly together without much sense or reason.
- There is an Italian and French character that are ugly stereotypes, impossible to understand half the time, and not funny.
- Matt Damon gets stabbed twice in the heart, but he's ok!
- I am sure there is more, but I don't want to recall anything else about the movie.

- On the plus side the visual effects are ok at some parts

The one positive thing about this is that everyone got a free pass as we exited the theatre. This may be because the management actualy watched the movie, or because of the sound mix-up at the start.

Comments:
I agree with Joe. It was one of those movies are barely worthy of renting. The best thing was getting a free movie pass from it.

PGalore
 
Wow a comment! It seems most reviews agree with me. On a side note, if you pick to post as 'Other' I think you can pick a name for yourself instead of being Anonymous.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?