Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time

This is a book, written by Mark Haddon, that was recommended to me by my friend Connor. It has is written from the point of view of a 15 year old autistic boy (more specifically Asperger's syndrome). It is set in London and is an interesting read because it kind of shows you how an autistic child might think. There is a lot of humour and moving moments, and it is also a bit of a murder mystery. Periodically there are little illustrations or diagrams in the novel and I found these were interesting. Since I don't like going into the plots of things when talking to someone that hasn't seen it I won't! It is an easy read, and under 250 pages, I think. So go buy it, or get it from the library or something. It has won a bunch of awards including the Whitbread.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?